Description: Introduction page consists of XML based horizontal slide show and elements of user interaction.
Technologies and tools: Flex Builder 3.0, Action Script 3.0, TFS
Position: Flex Developer (remotely)
Responsibilities: Architecture development and design, usability engineering, writing code, bug fixing, refactoring, communication with customer, planning tasks, estimation for outer and inner tasks, creation graphic elements.
Detailed information regarding features
- Home page is presented by large animated background image with clever hotpots on intro page. Images have advertisement subject area (on the screen shots below you can see temporary images).
- Animation of background advertisement images looks like horizontal slide show (as if images are placed in a video tape and the tape is moved to the next slide).
- Background image changes after time interval which can be changes as an input parameter of slide show control.
- Every next background image is differ from the previous and image is randomly selected from the list of images that have not been shown yet.
- Every next slide has different information – links, icons, coordinates.
- Also by timeout a pop-up window appears for each advertisement background image with slow fade in and fade out animation. The time interval can be changed as an input parameter of slide show control.
- Different resolutions are supported. No matter what resolution is an advertisement background image is presented with saving proportions and smoothing.
- Maintaining good view of home page when resizing browser.
- Information about slides is loaded from XML file (image URLs, links for LinkButtons, text, slogans, coordinates and etc.)
- Information which is static for all slides is loaded from FlashVars.
- Using mouse user can stop and resume sliding animation.
Images which are used as backgrounds were taken from: