Downloadable from AssetStore – 3D Fps Graph Analyzer (during re-submission process to the store the link may be not active)
YouTube video – HoloLens Demo
Demo for HoloLens
- Import all from Assets.
- Download HoloToolkit-Unity into Assets.
- Make sure that SliderCanvas has defined Event Camera property in Inspector window – MainCamera and Render Mode – World Space.
- In Holographic Emulation window Connect HoloLens device and click Play button in Editor. The look of the graph will not be the same as on the image below if you just test it in Editor without HoloLens connected. However, you can set up the graph as you want with instructions described in section “HOW TO USE FOR HOLOLENS”.
- Use Slider to add or remove Balls on the Scene and watch how this affects the Fps Graph. For this gesture on the Slider with a Cursor and make Click.
How to use for Hololens
- Import HololensFpsGraphAnalyzer with dependencies from Assets
- Set up your MainCamera for HoloLens device.
- Drag HololensFpsGraphAnalyzer prefab under the MainCamera.
- If you need set up Position and Scale for HololensFpsGraphAnalyzer and Fps3dText (see section “Scaling and Positioning in Edit Mode”)
- If you need set up LineGenerator3D (Script) properties for HololensFpsGraphAnalyzer object (see section “Properties for LineGenerator3d (Script)”).
- In Holographic Emulation window Connect HoloLens device and click Play button in Editor.
Scaling and positioning in edit mode
You can change the size and position of the HololensFpsGraphAnalyzer object on the Scene using Scale and Position properties of Transform component in Editor mode. However this will affect only the background of the graph.
In addition, you might need to change Lines in Unit property for the Line Generator 3d (Script) component to actually change the size of the drawing area.
If Fps3dText appears small you can change its own properties or change the Z position of HololensFpsGraphAnalyzer like Font Size, Color etc.
To test changes hit Play.
Properties for LineGenerator3D (script) – changing colors and lines per unit
Lines in Unit
Since the graph is consists of vertical lines the Lines in Unit property of LineGenerator3d component defines how many lines would be drawn per 1 unit. Thus by changing this value you can change the size of the visible area for graph drawing.
Blue rectangle on the image above shows the graph drawn area which equals to 850 lines per unit for HoloLens for HololensFpsGraphAnalyzer which is shown in orange rectangle with Scale (0.4, 0.2, 0.01) and Position (0, -0.2, 2). See section “Scaling and Positioning in Edit Mode” for more details.
It would be necessary to change this value for any other device you might have – Vive, Android etc. Remember if you want to save this value permanently you need to do this in Edit mode and click Apply button in the top of Inspector window to save the setting in prefab.
To change Fps Graph main color go to LineGenerator3d component of HololensFpsGraphAnalyzer object in Inspector window. Change Fps Graph Color property. You can do this in both Edit and Game modes. Remember if you want to save this color permanently you need to do this in Edit mode and click Apply button in the top of Inspector window to save the setting in prefab.
Line indicators color
At this moment there are 2 indicators in Fps Graph – indicator line for Normal level of fps and for High.
Normal value is 60 fps (you can change it in LineGenerator3D Script if you want). Everything what is greater than 60 fps is considered to be a high level of fps. Graph won’t go higher than High Line indicator.
Go to LineGenerator3D component of HololensFpsGraphAnalyzer. Mouse hover on Fps High Line Indicator Color or Fps Normal Line Indicator Color to see description in the Tooltip in Edit mode.
You can change colors of the lines in both Edit and Game modes.
On the image below Normal Line Indicator Color is green, High Line Indicator Color is fuchsia.
Background color and transparency
To change the background color and transparency of the HololensFpsGraphAnalyzer use Fps3dGraphAnalyzerMaterial. You can do this in both Editor and Game modes.
The result in HoloLens device